Monday, April 23, 2012

Hearts in bloom



I created a sampler square baby afghan a couple of years ago that sold quite well at my Etsy shop. I named it "hearts in bloom" because it was made up of several flower and heart patterns among others. It was a little nod to my Dad too who was dealing with congestive heart failure. He passed away this past September, and it's been a tough year without him. Whenever I think of this blanket, I think of my Dad, and I'm thankful for the time we had together.

The reason I bring up this afghan is because I was asked to do a custom order using purples. I've only done it in pink and white, and I'm looking forward to the change! I also have some new flower squares that I'm looking forward to incorporating. This will be a larger size than usual. I'll let you know how it goes...

Have a wonderful week!


8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! You should make a pattern to sell. I would absolutely buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, Thanks for your nice note. This sampler has changed over the years - I get tired of some squares, fall out of love with others or find something new to incorporate, so I don't even follow a totally written out pattern myself. Maybe I will do a crochet-along in the near future and put the squares up as I go? I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
    2. Hi Laura!
      I'm from Romania(Europe) my name is Nadia , and i'm definitively inloved with this beauty called "Hearts in bloom".
      I saw here that you said you make a crochet along , or did you sell this gorgeous pattern?Thank you very much
      my mail adress is nistor_nadia@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Hi
    This blanket is beautiful, I would love to make it too. A crochet along is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    I would LOVE a pattern to make this blanket myself... absolutely beautiful. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi laura,
    This is awesome :)
    Wish I could learn to make this too . You're very talented and your family is very lucky that they get such precious handmade things from you. May God's blessings be with you like this forever :)

    Kavitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,
    Do you sell the pattern for the purple and pink flowers in bloom yet? My 2 daughters are having their first bubs and I'd love to crochet them one each of your beautiful designs. You are a very creative artist indeed! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete