I'm almost finished with my first daisies on purple afghan for my Etsy customer, Angela. I really like how the purples make the daisy pop. Two more rows of squares and then onto the edging...
(I used Caron One Pound lilac, lavender blue, jonquil, white and off white)
My daughter, Tillie, said she would like to be a "princess mermaid" for Halloween. I had never done the "crocodile" stitch before, but I knew that I had to use it for her mermaid tail. I've decided to make a straight skirt with some kind of pleated fin (so she can walk!) I'm still working on mastering this stitch - so I'll figure out the fin when I get there...
I found this pattern at Bernat.com
. You must sign up to gain access, but they have some really lovely free patterns at their site. The Mermaid Tears Purse
was the exact size I needed for Tillie's skirt, so I did not need to figure out how to alter the pattern before beginning.
By the way, this is a fun stitch to do. The only difficult part is manipulating your work for the first "5dc down..." It's such a great scaly looking pattern though!