Sunday, November 25, 2012

Scrappy purple patchwork

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I've been so busy these days finishing up some large orders for Christmas, I haven't had much time to spend on new designs or posts to this little blog. I did however get Tillie's costume done for Halloween as well as finish up some works-in-progress including this one:





I started it this past summer! I used mainly end-of-skeins that I pack into little Zip Lock bags I always keep handy (I also use baggies for my snipped tails to stuff projects!) These poor little purple squares were sitting around for too long.

Instead of using my usual go-to edgings - sc/dc or scalloped edge - I've decided to use one of the lovely edges from a new book I purchased: Around the Corner Crochet Borders. Once again, Edie Eckman does not disappoint! I'm so pleased. I've got plenty of border books, but not many that address the corners!

There were so many to choose from, but here's the one I picked.




Stay tuned to see how it turns out...


4 comments:

  1. I'm not normally a big fan of purple, but this blanket is really pretty! Love when scraps and ends become something gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I wasn't a big purple fan myself until I started working with it more and more. My favorites are the light or pale lavenders and lilacs. I really prefer random patchwork over structured patterns (I like that in quilts too!)

      Hope you have a very nice night!

      Delete
  2. I love your blanket really pretty. Love the edging you chose:)

    ReplyDelete