Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Postage Stamp Baby Blanket


I used the leftovers from my uncle's blanket and worked up little, 2-round, granny squares, and the join-as-you-go method.

To see if my lengths of yarn are long enough, I use the finger tip to elbow measuring method :) I hold the yarn between my thumb and index finger, pull it to my elbow and repeat 11 more times. This typically ensures I have enough yarn to complete two rounds of a granny square.

Somehow my first post was overwritten. I like to think it was the blog site, but it was my own user error. I have been away from this site for too long, and it shows!




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a picture of your postage stamp baby blanket! I do love your beautiful crochet work!

    I deleted my first comment because of a typo. This is the same comment, but corrected! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having my own problems with this post :)
      I did a similar blanket over the summer for a customer but didn't alternate with a neutral color. I will have to try to find a photo to include as a comparison. They are a lot of fun, but a lot of weaving in the ends...

      Delete
  3. It's looking just lovely! I can see the photos now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blanket. Great way to use up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete