Thursday, December 17, 2015

Finally finished - Daisies on the Edge

It took me longer than expected (between, kids, work and holiday things) to get this completed, but it's done. A new daisy blanket, I have dubbed "Daisies on the Edge". It's the same blanket I did back in 2012, but I used new yarn and new colors (Universal Classic Worsted Yarn). I also wrote the pattern, and it is available here. The main color is called bubblegum, but it reminds me more of a shrimp :)


Thank goodness it's almost Friday...

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I'm trying to make a mini place mat using your daisy square pattern. I've whip stitched all my squares together, but the edges are all bumpy. I want to add a border around the whole thing so that the edges are smooth, but nothing seems to be working out for me. The plain double crochet border I'm adding always dips down once it reaches the spot where two squares connect. How do you usually finish up your blankets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, I usually use a join-as-you-go method to join my squares. I then do another round of 3dc in each space (3dc, ch2, 3dc in corners) -- however at any intersection (where two corners of squares meet) I do 2dc in each space instead of 3dc. Usually, this is to combat a puckering out, not really a dipping in. If you are experiencing a dipping in, I would add a triple crochet to that area to keep it even (or use a hdc border with a dc in each join space). Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. I like that idea! Thanks I'll try it out.

      Delete
  2. But you still managed to make this wonderful thing, is it sweater or hat? Whatever it is it is just amazing and awesome too. Great work

    ReplyDelete