Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Finishing up a new daisy blanket



I am almost finished with a new pink daisy blanket I have been working on with a new customer over at my Etsy shop. She is a breast cancer survivor and is including the blanket in a daisy themed basket for a silent auction. She sent me her logo:


And I supplied a new version of the daisy based on her gerbera-type daisy used in the logo:


Ultimately, she went with the original daisy, but I really like how this on came out, and will definitely be using it in a new blanket.

BTW, the Get In Touch Foundation is a breast health nonprofit organization and the Get In Touch Girls' Program & Daisy Wheel teaches girls in grades 5-12 the importance of and how to do a breast self exam.

What a wonderful cause! 

3 comments:

  1. Did this design (the whole blanket come from a pattern or did you put it together your self?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas, this is a pattern I created from start to finish. The original was done in a light green. I created it for my mother-in-law who is a big fan of daisies. It was for her 75th birthday: http://tillietulip.blogspot.com/2012/06/donnas-daisy-blanket-surprise.html

      Delete
  2. I have Strated daisy pattern how many squares for a twin size bed please

    ReplyDelete