Monday, April 21, 2014

Simple Blue Boy Set

I'm back and trying to get into the swing of blogland again. I just finished up a blanket, hat, booty set for a lovely customer in New York. She asked me to put together a simple blue and white set for a friend who just had a baby boy. It's nice to do simple and sweet sometimes. I used Caron One Pound white and light blue -- a simple 4 round granny square in light blue with a join-as-you-go edge in white. The booties are done using my favorite booty pattern over at Lion Brand. Click here for the pattern.



I also included a plain blue fleece blankie that I added a reverse single crochet (or crab stitch) edge. I think it's a nice little extra to have handy. You can never have too many little blankets with a new baby!


6 comments:

  1. Cute :-) I'm sure it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bonitos, un práctico regalo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you have some beautiful things here. I just got a desire to crochet a blanket. Love the colors that you mix in all of your items!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, This is a good post, indeed a great job.. You must have done good research for the work, i appreciate your efforts.. Looking for more updates from your side.
    Bedding sets for baby boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, I love the reverse single crochet edge, but the tutorial doesn't show how to 'end off' when crocheting in the round. I usually just fudge it and then pretend to ignore the slightly messy finish. (I am a bit crochet ocd!). Can I please ask how you end your edging off. I love your work and tutorials, but have only just 'found' you.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete