Friday, February 8, 2013

A Valentine's Day gift idea

With Valentine's Day coming up fast, I thought I would share a unique idea I had for a gift to my husband several years ago.

I'm a folk art lover, and I have long admired Catherine Holman's beautiful work, so I contacted her to do a custom painting of the building we were married in. My husband and I were married in December 2005 in a rustic building called the "Chestnut Shelter". We had a massive snow storm roll through on December 2 which made for long travels, but a beautiful setting for our big day - everything was covered in a blanket of white, and there were giant icicles hanging from the awnings of the shelter.




I was thrilled with her rendition and couldn't wait to share it with my husband. Catherine is an amazing artist, and I can't thank her enough for sharing her talents. It is a gift I will treasure forever.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Thanks for sharing my artwork. This was such a fun special piece to paint for a sweet family!
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathie, Thanks so much for leaving a note! There are four of us now in our little family (I think I might've been pregnant when you painted this) Harry (after my grandpa) is 5 and Tillie (after my great aunt) is 4. Time sure does fly. I can't thank you enough. I hope you and yours are well too!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete